SCOUT FILM FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS OUTSTANDING FILMS FROM THE ARCHIVE
1. This Home Is Not Empty - Scout Film Festival 2016 Female Filmmaker and Winner Best Cinematographyby Carol Nguyen, Canada
A personal film questioning the 'lies you tell yourself' through a metaphorical lens.
2. Family Under The Roof - Scout Film Festival 2016 Winner Best DocumentaryBy Michael Deng - United States/China
Family Under the Roof tells the story of the boy Yong Wang, a very tough twelve-year-old 'young man', whose mother died from an accident and whose family struggles with extreme poverty. The boy reads aloud a letter he wrote to his mama throughout the whole film.
3. Daddy, Why are they stopping us? - Scout Film Festival 2017 Nominee Drama, Experimental, Female FilmmakerBy Williemae Fiddemon, United States
This YouthFX experimental documentary film replays a police encounter from multiple perspectives and voices blending past and present. "Daddy Why Are They Stopping Us?" is a powerful meditation on racial profiling and the shattering of innocence for a young girl growing up in America.
4. Mothering - Scout Film Festival 2019 Drama, Female Filmmaker (19 to 24)By Caru Roelis - Brazil
Emily tries to raise her two brothers and son even in the face of poverty. Now, with her mother's absence at home, the difficulties get worse. There is a power cut by the energy company, inciting a huge tragedy.
5. To See The Sky Again - Scout Film Festival 2019 Winner Best DramaBy Justin Kaminuma - United States
Motorcycle helmets, the end of the world, and second chances. And a man whos' biggest regret is not making enough mistakes.